As promised I am revealing the answers to the bit of fun I had last week. Tractor Girl did surprising well, considering that she only knows me through the wibsite, she did well to get 5/8. Duracell also did well with 6/8.
1. False – I did not climb Ben Nevis when I was 11. A friend did, as a family reunion – this was happening on the same day that the rest of our school were doing a sponsored walk. So we got to walk 25 times round the school field and she climbed Ben Nevis, and got sponsored for it!
2. True – Yes, I did spend a lot of time on my 5th birthday crying. I was upset because I blew out the candles on my cake too early. When you’re five, big things matter, ok?
3. True – Yes I was bullied for being a lesbian, even though I’m not. It was in primary school. There was one girl in the class who i spent most of my time with, and all the boys thought we must be lesbians. At the time I was an naive child who didn’t understand what a lesbian was, so at the time it never bothered me (though its never nice being socially excluded). When i did find out what a lesbian was, it still didn’t bother me because I couldn’t see anything wrong with homosexuality.
4. False – No that was my sister who was climbing over a spiked fence and one of the spikes ended up in her stomach….ouch! It was ok, she had enough fat there to not cause any major damage 😉 – sisterly love!
5. Fasle – It was my Dad who was pushing the wheelchair in that occasion. Thankfully he had quick enough reactions, so my elderly relative didn’t end up in the bottom of the lake! It has to be said – it is pretty funny!
6. True – I couldn’t tell the difference between my left and my right feet at the age of 18. It was at Greenbelt last year. I got confused when putting on wellies as to which foot was which, in terms of the wellies. So much so that this quote is embarassingly me.
7. False – It was a friend who got a black eye for being in a mixed-race relationship. Tut, the world we live in, hey.
8. True – Yep, when I was 10, I fell off my bike and smashed up my front tooth completely. Consequently I had years and years of dental treatment. Mmmm, not good.
9. False – It was my mum who managed to sprain her ankle on a north Cornish coastal path.
10. True – I didn’t speak a word until the last day of playgroup, after attending for a whole year. Nobody who knows me now would ever think so, but I was incredibly shy when I was little.
11. True – Never play eye-spy with my Dad. Its practically impossible when he uses all the latin names for everything. I think its cheating.
12. True – When I was a baby and living in Swansea, we had a very heavy snow fall, and my parents couldn’t get the pram out of the door. My Dad and my sister were able to climb out over the snow, but my mum and I were snowed in. Rather exciting really, except I can’t remember any of it.
13. False – No, I’m far too excitable to suffer from depression.
14. False – It was a friend who had the unfortunate experience of swinging on a swing rope when it snapped. SPLAT! OUCH!
15. True – I did almost get knocked out by a table tennis table at my church. We were playing with a parachute, as you do at church, and the safety catch wasn’t on the table tennis table that was stored at the side of the room. Ow.
16. False – It was a friend who got pushed into a lake by some random boys, from the pedaloo we were both sat in. Boys can be annoying sometimes.
So there you go, now you know.
OHH!!! WOW!!!!! I’M SWIMMING AT LAST!!!!!!! YAY!